It’s General Meeting time again, and if you are a presbytery rep from your church or are ministry personnel (currently serving or retired), you are invited to attend.
This year, the GM is being held in Temiskaming Shores at the Haileybury Pentecostal Assembly (please see the attached maps) located at 583472 West Road, Haileybury, Ontario P0J 1K0.
The theme is “Oh, the Places We’ll Go!”
- the Right Rev. Jordan Cantwell, Moderator of The United Church of Canada
- David Armour, Executive Minister & President of The United Church Foundation
- Catherine Christie, Overseas Personnel of The United Church of Canada
- Chris Pullenayegem, Congregational Mission Program Coordinator of The United Church of Canada
- Ruth Noble, Mision & Service Engagement Coordinator of The United Church of Canada (MYF Speaker)
Click here to view the agenda for the GM.
Helpful Maps to GM:
What you need to bring:
- Water bottle
- Reusable coffee/tea mug
- Chair cushion
- Sunblock, hat and bug spray (if you venture outside on breaks)
NOTE: You do NOT need to bring hymn books, as hymn words will be projected.
Registration will open after 11:00 a.m. on Friday, June 2nd.
The agenda for the meeting will be forthcoming but know that the APPROXIMATE start time for the meeting will be 1:00 p.m. on Friday, June 2nd, with the end of Conference being the Celebration of Ministry Service that will begin after 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, June 4th.
There will be an optional “Mission Fair” pre-event the morning of Friday, June 2nd starting at 10:00 a.m.
Can’t wait to see you there!